Sportstiks has provided the following elements to the event:
- Personalised Race bibs (running numbers)
- START and FINISH line banners
- Design and supply of event t-shirts (ensuring 100% of money received from sales goes to charity)
- Design and supply of finishers medals. This year we chose a more sustainable option of wooden medals manufactured from FSC approved resources and produced in the UK therefor reducing the carbon footprint usually created by supply from China.
- Packs of Hi-5 Sports Jellies for finishers for a sugar boost post event.
- Printing and posting of around 1100 letters to local residents forewarning of road closures on event day.
- All the winners’ trophies and awards for the various categories in both the Half marathon and Fun Run.
- Social media management.
Some quotes from runners posted on the Brentwood Half Marathon Facebook Page
Awesome running and great communication, thank you pace makers especially 2:00 , we made the sub 2 hr mark with your help
Pacers for 1.50 got me over the finish line…my absolute heroes today. Thank you so much…I had given up but your encouragement was just what I needed.
Thank you so much 1:45 pacer who encouraged me up the last mile and waited at the finish line to made sure I make it under 1:45… you are a legend
Thank you to the 2.15 pacer (although I lost her at the end as I stopped to adjust my trainer!) She created such a good atmosphere .. felt like I was part of a team lol!
The decision to proceed was not taken lightly and although we were consulted and helped advise on measures needed to be taken on race day, the decision was made following government guidelines at the time that an outdoor event such as the Sportstiks Brentwood Half Marathon remained as a low risk for infection. A decision that was supported by our local MP Alex Burghart who officially started the race alongside Cllr Keith Parker, Mayor of Brentwood.
Congratulations to all who took part in the Brentwood Half Marathon yesterday and I was delighted to join the Mayor of Brentwood, Cllr Keith Parker, to start the races. The organisers did a great job in enabling this superb event to go ahead amid the rapidly changing advice over the Covid-19 outbreak. To all those who ran the race yesterday; I hope your muscles are not too sore today. To all those planning to run the virtual race instead; keep safe and make sure your time is logged with the organisers by April 15th.
Sportstiks is supporting the endeavour of a Virtual Brentwood Half Marathon by managing the social media aspect and collating the evidence posted by runners of their virtual runs.
Sportstiks supplies sporting events across the globe with athlete identification so along with the rest of the sporting event industry faces a challenging time ahead as events are cancelled or postponed. The Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run may well be the last organised running event this year’s entrants take part in for some time which made Sunday’s event even more important.
Well done to all runners to took part in the event and a huge thank you to the organising committee, to all the volunteers and to the marshals for adding to the success of the 2020 event.