We have a new job opportunity for a Marketing Assistant
Bakers is an award-winning, independent trade label and packaging manufacturer. We are a dynamic and innovative family run business, at the forefront of the label printing industry. Based in Brentwood, Essex, our state-of-the-art production facility and open plan offices provide a fast paced and collaborative working environment.
Marketing plays a major role in the short-term and long-term success of the company. This role is to support the PR & Marketing manager in their role of promoting all four divisions of Bakers – Baker Labels, Baker Materials, BakPac and Sportstiks. To achieve this the successful candidate must become familiar with the different divisions within Bakers and where they sit within their corresponding markets.
Marketing Assistant Job Responsibilities:
• Provide support to the PR and Marketing manager
• Assist with social media and website content management
• Perform market and client research
• Work with marketing team to manage brand and marketing initiatives
• Attend industry trade shows, conferences and events
• Organise and manage marketing collateral, including stock control of sample packs
• Create and manage internal staff communications including monthly newsletters
• Assist with the planning of staff social events and customer visits
This is a full-time in-person role, weekdays 8.30am – 5pm (3.30pm on Fridays). Benefits include complimentary use of our on-site company gym, daily fresh fruit, tea and coffee as well as regular social events and activities.
We encourage and support personal and professional development of all staff, providing both internal and external training and workshops. An amazing marketing assistant needs to be prepared to adopt new practices, update skill sets and knowledge base, keep up with the industry’s best practices and be able to stay current with the latest technologies and trends.
Marketing Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High level of organisation and attention to detail
• Comfortable with multi-tasking and ad-hoc projects
• Understanding of basic business and marketing concepts
• Excellent time management skills
• Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal and social abilities
• Familiarity with social media, social networking, email marketing and search engines
• Experience with WordPress website management
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Strong writing and copy-editing abilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
• 1-3 years’ experience in marketing or equivalent education
• Degree in marketing, business or a related field a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PPT)
• Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
• Experience with Canva and / or Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere) a plus
• Digital photography and video editing experience a plus