We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our expanding flexible packaging division.
Overall Job Description:
The role involves carrying out the specific technical sales and artworking related tasks detailed below. In addition you will work within the sales team to provide Studio and technical guidance in all areas as required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- • To cover all Studio aspects of BakPac from checking customer artworks through to full reprographic file preparation for production.
• To cover all the technical aspects of the Bakpac production methods, materials and end use needs. Critical points of this include understanding end use product behaviour and shelf life, Print and lamination capabilities and heat seal structural performance.
• Ensure that clear and concise communication is kept with the Operations team and that detailed knowledge of all new projects and orders are understood across the business.
• Liaise with customers on new enquiries to build a technical brief for quotation and production.
• Work closely with the sales team creating estimates that enable the maximisation of profit whilst being competitive enough to win new business.
• Ensure new business is quoted for within a tight timeline where possible returning prices to customers within the same day of receipt.
• Keep an ongoing review of commercial input data and margins, finding ways to increase the contribution to the business through system reports and communication with the operations team.
• To continuously keep up to date on new processes and innovation within the industry.
• To cover for the label’s studio team when workloads permit.
Any other duties relating to technical sales support as and when detailed by the General Manager.
- Previous experience in printing or packaging industry (ideally from the flexible packaging/pouch industry
- Graduate level or equivalent
- Meticulous attention to detail and a conscientious approach to checking the accuracy of information.
- Enthusiastic completer finisher of sales projects who thrives on winning new business
- Have excellent communication skills and a proactive and practical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative
- Must be a good team player prepared to work towards the overall team goals
What is in it for you?
- Work based pension
- Profit related bonus after 6 months service
- 21 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Wellbeing at work programme
- Great social and team building events
Read more about CAREERS at Bakers
If you feel you have what it takes to be part of our team please complete our application form
If you want more information about the role, email Clare Coles, HR Manager @ email@example.com